DiST 1 Waterproof TDS Tester (0-2000ppm)
The DiST® 1 features a large multi-level LCD which displays both TDS and temperature readings simultaneously. The TDS readings are displayed with a 1 ppm resolution and with an accuracy of ±2% full scale. The TDS range of the HI98301 is from 0 to 2000 ppm. An exposed temperature sensor allows for rapid automatic temperature compensated TDS measurements. Temperature can be set to display in ℃ or ℉. The LCD screen has stability and calibration tag indicators. The battery percent level is displayed at start up alerting the user to the remaining battery power that is available.
TDS readings are performed by an amperometric graphite electrode that resists oxidation, providing better repeatability in measurements. The use of graphite also reduces the polarization effect common with amperometric testers that use two stainless steel pins.
Calibration is performed by pressing the dedicated calibration button. Once in calibration mode submerge the probe in 1382 ppm calibration standard. When the standard value is recognized and stability reached, the meter will automatically accept and store the calibration value.
Setup options include automatic shut-off timing and temperature unit displayed. Automatic shut-off options are to turn the meter off after 8 minutes, 60 minutes, or disabled. To enter the setup mode the user presses a button located in the battery compartment.
Features and Benefits
Slim, Ergonomic Design
- With rounded edges and a case that is only 17 mm (0.7”) thick, the HI98301 is thin and fits comfortably in the hand or pocket.
Large Multi-level LCD
- The LCD is 29 mm (1.125”) x 20 mm (0.81”) allowing the user to easily read both EC and temperature simultaneously.
- One for ON/OFF, the other for calibration.
Exposed Temperature Sensor
- Exposed temperature sensor allows for quick Automatic Temperature Compensated measurements. Temperature can be displayed in either oC or oF.
- Reduces polarization effects and does not oxidize resulting in a reliable and accurate reading.
- Automatic calibration at 1382 ppm (mg/L) with a single push of a button.
- A clock tag stability indicator will disappear to alert the user when the reading is stable.
- User-selectable time until meter shuts off to conserve battery life. Options are 8 min, 60 min or disabled.
Low Battery Indicator
- Low battery indicator that is displayed when less than 10% battery life is remaining.
Battery % Level at Startup
- At start-up, all the LCD segments are displayed for 1 second, then the percent indication of the remaining battery life is displayed.
|TDS Range||0 to 2000 mg/L (ppm)|
|TDS Resolution||1 mg/L (ppm)|
|TDS Accuracy||±2% F.S.|
|TDS Calibration||automatic, one-point at 1382 ppm|
|EC/TDS Temperature Compensation||automatic from 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F)|
|EC to TDS Conversion Factor||0.5|
|Temperature Range||0.0 to 50.0°C/32.0 to 122.0°F|
|Temperature Resolution||0.1°C / 0.1°F|
|Temperature Accuracy||±0.5°C / ±1.0°F|
|Battery Type / Life||CR2032 3V Li-ion / approx. 250 hours of continuous use|
|Environment||0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH 100% max|
|Dimensions||160 x 40 x 17 mm (6.3 x 1.6 x 0.7’’)|
|Weight||75 g (2.6 oz.)|
|Ordering Information||HI98301 (DiST 1) is supplied with CR2032 battery, 1382 ppm calibration solution sachet (4), storage/protection sleeve, instruction manual and quality certificate.|
There are no reviews yet.